Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vegetable Soup



As I was making this, I realized it was extremely similar to my minestrone soup minus the zucchini. Oh well, I'll post it anyways. I really wanted alphabet noodles but I couldn't find them! I should have bought the shell shaped ones now that I think of it, that would make it less minestrone-esque.

Anyways.

Ingredients:
3 carrots, sliced
3 celery sticks, sliced
1 onion, diced
2 white potatoes, very smally diced
1/2 cup peas
1/2 green/yellow beans chopped into bite sized pieces
1 can of beans (I used Romano just because that's what I had)
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cups veggie broth (I used Better Than Bouillon base)
3/4 cup of fun noodles (shells, alphabet, macaroni, wheels)

Spices - basil, parsley, poultry seasoning mix, salt and pepper


You could also add cabbage or spinach or something for some greens, but I didn't have any on hand.

To Make:
Saute your celery, onion and carrots for a few minutes. Throw everything in except the noodles and beans. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer until everything is cooked. In the last 10 minutes add partly cooked noodles and the beans.

Serve with a crispy bread, or alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment