Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Decorations!!!

I love Christmas. I especially love Christmas trees and Christmas music (I've expanded my collection by 200 songs in the last 2 days).

Last year the kitties completely wrecked our fake Christmas tree and because we can't afford a new one (nor do we have space for one) we decided to decorate our shelf as our "tree". It worked great!!! I even put the Christmas mat in front of it, so later we can put all the gifts on it haha.

Here are the pictures:

The bedroom door, notice the garland had to be cut short (and is now even shorter) because a certain someone kept attacking/eating it.


The bathroom door:


The back door:


Our ballin' Christmas village. My mom is obsessed with these villages with lights and moving parts and music and all these decorations (I swear it's like 100 pieces) and it takes up like half the living room....well, as you can see, our village totally kicks her villages butt:


The Mantle:


My genius idea to turn our entertainment shelf into the Christmas tree. Notice the tree topper and everything lol:


And, the entire thing complete with stockings for us and the kitties:


I finished creating the recipes for my stuffing and pumpkin pie. I'm gonna test drive them next weekend and then I think my feast will be complete:

- Savory Mushroom Pot Pie
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- Whole wheat buns
- Pumpkin Pie

Mmmm. I can't wait!! We made a list of all the baked goods we are making people too including candied nuts and caramel popcorn!!! Yum.

Now I'm off to shower and then to an early bedtime. I still have to go to school tomorrow even though I know I shouldn't/can't. Ugh. Monday's are so long and I have to leave so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment