Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fuzzy Kitties and French Toast

I read a recipe for vegan french toast and basically changed the entire thing, not that there was much to differ from in the first place. But I thought it was absolutely delicious and truly am baffled as to why we use eggs on french toast, seriously. Go make some, you'll to be baffled.

I'm guessing at the amount of spices and vanilla I used...I just sort've dumped them in.



French Toast with Bananas

- 1/2 cup soy creamer
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 2 tbsp's corn starch
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of all spice
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 bananas
- 6-8 inch thick slices of a crusty Italian bread, stale

1. In a large shallow bowl mix together the soy milk and creamer with the corn starch until it's all dissolved.
2. Mix in the spices and vanilla
3. Mix in the flour until it's basically dissolved
4. Soak your bread slices in the mixture and cook on med-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Only soak enough at one time that can fit into the skillet. Cook until each side is nice and browned with a few darker specks.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar, real (organic) maple syrup and bananas

As I was chowing down on my french toast I thought to myself next time I make this I am definitely sauteing my bananas. So:

Sauteed Bananas

- 2 bananas
- 1/8 of a cup Agave Nectar

1. I'm guessing, just warm up the agave in a pan until it's liquefied and super runny, add the bananas and saute until brown and caramelized.

YUM!!!!

And, because he is soooo fuzzy and friggin' adorable, here are some pictures of Charlie's fur:




No comments:

Post a Comment