Monday, January 11, 2010

Avocado Green Tea Face Mask

I love face masks but I don't do them enough. I usually walk around or lie on my bed in savasana (corpse pose) for 10 minutes with relaxing music on while I wait for the mask to work its magic. Tonight I listened to Deuter's "Escape from Gravity" and I would have fallen asleep had Alma not walked up and sat right by my head snoring and purring extremely loudly.

I remember the first time I did yoga in my apartment, I finished in savasana and both Alma and Charlie walked up and started sniffing me all over. It was so hard to concentrate because their whiskers were tickling me haha. I guess the weird music, the weird movements I was making and then lying on the floor dead seeming concerned them.

Anyways.

Back to the mask. Tonight I used a handheld blender and it creamed the avocado to perfection! Normally I use a fork and chunks of avocado keep falling off my face, but I will definitely use the blender from now on.

You will need:

- 1 avocado
- 1 teabag of green tea leaves
- some olive oil (I just did two splashes...so whatever amount that is)
- 2 cucumber slices for your eyes

Mix everything together and bam, a face mask! Avocado, olive oil and green tea do GREAT things for your skin so do this mask frequently.

I think it's best to steam your face with boiling water, then exfoliate thorougly and then put the mask on for 10 minutes. After you take the mask off use toner and lots of moisturizer and your skin will feel amazing, I promise. If you are lazy, skip the steaming and just exfoliate really well.

Look how creamy it is! I wanted to eat it so badly. Keep the leftovers in an airtight container with the avocado pit for a few days in the fridge...if it goes a little brown that's okay.



I look so sexy! The avocado even matches me green eyes.



I can finally put my last load of laundry into the dryer now and go to bed. Goodnight everyone.

1 comment: