Stir fry is my FAVOURITE meal. It takes half an hour, is healthy and friggin delicious. I get massive cravings for it at least twice a week. Not to mention quinoa (pronounced keen-wah for those who have never heard of it) is the greatest thing ever.
Makes 4 portions:
4-5 medium carrots
2 peppers of different colours (I always use a red, and either an orange or yellow)
a head of broccoli
1.5 cups of quinoa
Half a bottle of Renee's Tangy Thai Sauce.
Salt and Pepper
Prepare the Quinoa:
1. Soak the quinoa in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Rinse it off then put it in a pot with 3 cups of water. Add some olive oil and salt. Bring it to a boil, then put it to a simmer and cover. Let it sit on the heat for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes.
The stir fry:
1. Cut everything up into nice slices. Put the broccoli in a bowl with a little water and cover in plastic wrap with a vent hole.
2. On med-high heat saute the carrots until they start to brown.
3. Add the onions, saute until they start to brown. Turn the heat to med-low
4. When the quinoa has about 10 minutes left add the peppers and continue to saute over med-low heat.
5. Microwave your broccoli for 2 minutes 30 seconds.
6. Add the broccoli to the rest of the veggies. Dump a liberal amount of sauce into them and mix it up. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Scoop some quinoa on a plate, drizzle some sauce over it and then put your veggies on it and prepare to be amazed.
The sauce I use is here and is found in the meat department (yuck) at save on. http://www.renees.com/products_sauces_thai.asp
Last time I made the stir fry I tried this (supposedly) amazing chicken stuff by Gardein. The texture was GREAT, however the taste was awful. It does look a lot like chicken though:
Anyways. I have to go study some more. I am going to post the recipe to my first home-made pizza I've ever made later tonight or tomorrow. It was perfect.