Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Boycott Splenda

I always thought that Splenda was sketchy and fake. Turns out I'm right. Not to mention the horrific animal testing that was done to create Splenda, or the fact that it was tested on less than 6 humans (no more than 4 days each) before it was released a few years ago.

Click Here for information on the animal testing part.

Click Here for health concerns etc regarding Splenda.

Click Here for information on Sucralose as well as some natural sugar alternatives.

Sucralose can't even be digested, and even water treatment plants can't break it down so it filters back through our water systems. Ugh. Again I am disgusted at what society mindlessly puts in their mouths.

Later this week I am going to post lists of what I have in my fridge/pantry and what I consider to be baking and eating essentials. (and I have tonnes of stuff! I love to cook!!) as well as some more information on the leather and wool industries. They seem to go unnoticed by most people, and even I do not know the full extent of the industry.

BTW

I made the chocolate chip cookies from The Joy of Vegan Baking. They seemed quite greasy and heavy to me, but Jason ate all his in like 5 minutes so I guess they were good lol. Not the best I've had, but still yummy enough. I didn't want to cook 3 trays of cookies (nor do I need to eat that many in a few days) so I froze the last 2 batches for later. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment