Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Random Life Things

First I would just like to say I find it hilarious when people justify saying a member of the opposite sex is good looking with "I'm not gay, I just think they're hot/sexy/good looking/etc.."

Seriously, who cares if you were gay anyways? I would say stupid American's, but people do it here all the time to haha.

I weighed myself today and was 176.8 pounds. I lost 6 or 7 pounds this month! I didn't even exercise!

I have new goals this month:

- weigh 169 pounds or less
- pass all my finals (well 4/5 should be A's...but philosophy I had 50% and 47% on...so I need to pass one of the exams!!!)
- start my food log again
- stop buying and eating candy/sugary things - I have a sugar addiction and a crunchy addiction
- wear fun eyeshadow at least 3 days of the week (This sounds retarded, but I enjoy applying makeup, esp. eyeshadow...and lately I haven't worn any at all)
- from the 18th onwards do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except bake goodies, play video games and dance around my apartment

So basically, lose weight and be less stressed this month. Good luck to me!


Here's a quick recipe you could make for dinner! Pasta Primavera:



Well, I don't really have a recipe....but I think this is what I generally use.

2 cups vegetable broth
1-2 tbsp's corn starch (depends how thick you want the sauce)
oregeno
basil
olive oil
salt and pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 cups of cut up veggies - i always use broccoli, carrots and onions. Zucchini and mushrooms would be great in this too. Or those snow pea things.
1 tomato, diced
Cooked Spaghetti for 4 people

Saute your garlic in some olive oil until it's fragrant. Add in the spices and the vegetable broth. Bring it to a boil and add the veggies...cover and cook them for a few minutes until they are mostly soft. Then stir in your cornstarch and simmer (while stirring) until the sauce is nice and thick.

When the sauce is thick and the veggies are cooked (but have a slight crunch, yum) dump the sauce in the pot with the cooked spaghetti noodles. Add in your diced tomatoes (the best part) and mix it all up. Serve with crunchy french bread.

Now I must go put a hat on (my hair is at a really awkward length, so all I can do is wear a hat haha) and get my DAIYA CHEESE! WOOT! I will be back later to post my first success or failure with it.

I'm also test running my stuffing recipe tonight for Christmas. I'm excited, I haven't had stuffing in over a year. (I wrecked my Thanksgiving stuffing lol)

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment