Thursday, February 11, 2010

Calzones

Like an angry apple tree, I throw my apples if you get too close to me!

I'm obsessed with that song right now. (Locked up - Ingrid Michaelson)

So I lied. I said I would post my calzones and like a terrible person I DID NOT!!! The pics aren't the most appealing, but here you go anyways:




So, as you can see...we didn't seal them properly and they exploded, nevertheless they were fantastic! We made six and ate them in like 2 days haha even though I had intended to have easy frozen meals hanging around. Oh well.

So, I tried to make my pizza dough linkedhere but it failed to rise for some reason so I used the pillsbury stuff instead. Still good, but not as good as homemade dough. 1 container makes 3 big calzones.

I sauteed some mushrooms and added the spinach at the last minute to wilt it.

Other fillings I used were green peppers, jalepenos, pizza sauce (link above) and daiya italian cheese. They were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

I can't list amounts cuz I winged it, but put all those things on the dough, pinch it together like a pizza pop and bake at 375 for half an hour or so. They freeze great too.

Now, go make calzones!!! Experiment with different toppings (or insides I guess, haha) like asparagus, onions, pineapple, olives, broccoli, whatever! They are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment