Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Becel Vegan Margarine! Hooray!



Check it out!! Becel now has vegan margarine. I'm so happy! I always preferred margarine over butter, mostly because it spreads easier. Since going vegan I have been buying Earth Balance and while it is delicious, it's very pricy.

From now on I'm going to buy Becel Vegan. It's way cheaper than Earth Balance and spreads easier and has a prettier package haha. I will continue to buy the EB sticks for baking though. It's much more convenient then smushing margarine into a measuring cup and then scooping it out and making a giant mess.

So, why buy the regular margarine when you can buy the Becel Vegan?

I love when big companies come out with vegan products. I also noticed that save on foods now carries the entire frozen line of Gardein. It's right beside the other frozen meals so hopefully non-veggies will see it and buy it and convert. HAH. Yeah right, but it's nice to see more visibility and accessibility of veggie products.

I'm back to studying! I have 2 exams tomorrow and I'm finished this semester on Saturday. I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I'm sooooo exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that too yesterday. I was so happy. At my supermarket, I couldn't find any more vegan margarines, all that thanks to the new popularity of Omega-3s (they added fish oil). So I had to get Earth Balance somewhere else. I'll be able to save money now.

    How cool that is says Vegan on the packaging! I saw a French ad yesterday, but in French it just says Végétale (vegetable).

    ReplyDelete